Re: [TenTec] repairs

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] repairs
From: Don Rasmussen via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 08:50:56 -0700
If Paul (at Palstar) can sell 10 at $2000, he doesn't need to sell 50 at $1000.
He has a touch screen, analog S-meter, and an analog IF strip. It would be a
niche market. Going head to head with TS590 or even Eagle is a bad business
model.

Classic TenTec transceivers have historically been greatly overpriced as
compared to competing transceivers based on features.

The guy at Youkits engineered and produced that QRP rig for dirt and still had
it knocked off by another offshore. It is sold in competition with his on the
auction site, and under his name...

Paul, If you are correct and unless I'm missing something pretty spectacular
here,
at that price it will be born dead.
What features could it possibly have to make it worth close to $2K? I've
already pointed out one (which is speculation, I know) but if true, it
will mean sub-par performance, unless they do follow it up with DSP filters. 73
- Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)