Re: [TenTec] repairs

To: <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] repairs
From: "Rodney" <w3krq@dejazzd.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 18:38:25 -0400
I have these for sale mrf497, 29c-1971, 2sc2630

-----Original Message----- From: Al Gulseth
Sent: Friday, October 31, 2014 11:39 AM
To: tentec@contesting.com
Cc: Bwana Bob

It would be interesting if someone had the time to inventory the schematics
and parts lists of the older TT rigs to see what is actually there. My guess
is that when it comes to the less common devices, careful shopping at surplus
electronics suppliers/hamfests, using adapter boards with functional
equivalent parts which have a different pinout, and having a "salvage yard
mentality" willingness to scavenge parts from non working or obsolete
equipment could yield most of what might be needed at a reasonable cost. (The
point is that TT generally wasn't the only manufacturer to use these
devices.) There are also retrofit digital displays available. The only real
sourcing issue might be PA transistors (e.g. Argosy MRF477s.)

Then again, these rigs are inexpensive enough that keeping a spare/parts rig
around as suggested probably wouldn't be that big of a deal if you have the
storage space available.

73, Al