Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2014 09:45:30 -0400
Let me explain what I just built. Now I know we can't really build from scratch like we could in the 1950's but this is what I did to satisfy my building urge.

I love the new direct sequence radios and my Flex 6500. I wanted to compare it with an Anan 100. So I bought a Tapr Hermes board. This board is the same transceiver board that is in the Anan-100. But it only transmits a half watt and does not have an antenna switching relay. So I also purchased a kit that was a half watt to 5 watt amplifier. I then made an interface box that has an antenna relay and the 5 watt amplifier. I then interfaced this with a 5 watt to 100 watt amplifier.

I now have the equivalent of an Anan 100 for a total investment of $1100 instead of $2500. I also have the fun of feeling like I built something.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com