Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI must have a very quiet LO

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OMNI VI must have a very quiet LO
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 06:55:15 +0100
John, the LO in the OMNI VI is crystal controlled.
It won't have the phase noise that synthesized signals have.

The VFO of the OMNI VI was synthesized, but running at a very high
frequency.
Then it was divided down to the low frequency it was need at.
This reduced its phase noise significantly.

It was a brilliant design, but it was designed in the 1980s, not 90s.  ;-)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)