Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 23:00:57 +0100
Gary,

Tnx for the input.
Seems strange to me that it would show every call sign.
If you think about it, unless a station is calling CQ, after he sends his
call sign and completes the QSO, he QSYs so he's no longer there anymore.
THIS IS THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE STATIONS!  Such a message to the bandmap
would not only be worthless, it would also clutter the bandmap with garbage.

So if it were really showing every call sign it decodes, on any given
frequency, the call sign would be constantly changing.  But it doesn't.

For that reason I find it difficult to believe you are correct.
BUT I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)