Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Radios in the Future
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2014 23:11:20 +0100
Sorry Carl, you're going to have to explain to me why you need that if you
have a BandMap open, showing you the call signs and frequencies of the
needed multipliers.

The panadapter shows you blips but you have no idea who they are.

The BandMap shows you where tens of stations are and also shows you the
status, e.g., whether you have already worked him or not, and whether it is
a single multiplier or a dual multiplier.  You don't get this kind of
information out of a panadapter.

If you are not running in assisted class and don't have a BandMap, then
perhaps there is some value, but over here, 160 thru 20m are full of wall to
wall signals. It might help identify a clear frequency when switching to RUN
instead of S&P but otherwise it will be blanketed with signals.

We all have our favorite modus of operation and perhaps many enjoy using the
panadapter.  I want to use whatever it takes to maximize my score.  I find
to be the BandMap.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)