Re: [TenTec] Pan-Adaptor vs. Using BandMap with Ten-Tec Transceivers

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pan-Adaptor vs. Using BandMap with Ten-Tec Transceivers
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 13:17:16 +0100
Well a BandMap is not exactly blind and dumb.
$1K towards a new radio is already a good start.

Question Barry, do you run assisted or unassisted?
And the 2nd, have you used the BandMap aggressively?

Before using a BandMap, and running just wire antennas (dipole) and 600w, my
typical score was about 500K.
The first year using the bandmap it jumped to 800K and the second year to
1M+.
And that without a properly integrated BandMap (lack of OmniRig support).

A BandMap is worth a lot of money to me, but I didn't have to pay for it
because it is for free to everyone, assuming you have a good contest logging
software already.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)