Re: [TenTec] Pan-Adaptor vs. Using BandMap with Ten-Tec Transceivers

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Pan-Adaptor vs. Using BandMap with Ten-Tec Transceivers
From: Art Roberts - W5AER <w5aer@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 22:12:49 +0000

You are right, no one needs a panadapter, but it can be handy..

My only use of one was in the mid 60's, on 2 meter AM. I had a Heathkit panadaptor attached to my converter-receiver setup. In those days we were usually rock bound for transmit and after calling CQ you had to tune around for a reply. The panadaptor made all of this much easier.

____

Art Roberts - W5AER
Tariffville, CT