Re: [TenTec] Eagle 9MHz tap questions.

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle 9MHz tap questions.
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 15:25:48 +0100
OK Carl, I followed everything in the 2 most recent posts.  TNX.

I don't care for the idea of Y-connector.
I have a 50 Ohm Splitter (-3dB) that I built while working in the lab for
Rhode und Schwarz.
I feel more comfortable using something like that than just tapping a 2nd RX
onto the same antenna line.
This maintains 50 Ohms at both outputs and assures both receiver see the
same signal level, albeit 3dB down from the input to the splitter.

And YES, indeed this is the mod that Jack implemented for me in the Omni
VII.
With the Omni VII, he did it BEFORE the unit went into production.
I tested it here in Europe before the radio announced.

When I first received my Eagle, it had none.
I called Jack and reminded him he had promised this in all new radios moving
forward.
He said "send it back", which I did a few days later, and he installed the
dual-jack on the back for me.
Of course this time the radio announced before the dual-jack mod so it ended
up being an add-on.

When I first attempt this, I would like to do it as cheap as possible
because I don't know if I really will want to use this or not.  If I
determine it's a must have, then I will buy a more expensive RX.  I suppose
the Softrock kit is the best (cheapest) route to go.

UNFORTUNATELY the SoftRock web site currently says "SOLD OUT".
Hmmmm.
Best laid plans...

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)