Re: [TenTec] Eagle 9MHz tap questions.

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Eagle 9MHz tap questions.
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 22:11:05 +0100
Barry, I differ from you.
For me it's a DISASTER.  INFORMATION OVERFLOW!

Sorry but I honestly tried to imagine using that.  I couldn't.
It was a nightmare of information, most of which was unneeded.

"Ease of use" is what I want and what I get with the Band Map, and it costs
me ZERO.

I have to add a huge screen in addition to the one I already have, just to
see all the call signs laid out horizontally.  Granted, the additional
feature is, I can see where there is no activity.
Not a huge benefit to me, though I see some benefit.
The useful information can be presented in a much more useful manor with
frequency on the vertical axis and the call sign written beside each
frequency.

With the band map, the information I need maps into a tiny window on a
vertical, scrollable axis and shows me the MOST IMPORTANT STUFF.  I don't
see how I'll improve my score by adding an additional monitor to my shack
footprint.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)