Re: [TenTec] Looks like company is fading away

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Looks like company is fading away
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 16:11:36 -0800
On Sun,1/25/2015 10:41 AM, Robert P. Santella wrote:
  now they dropped the Centurion Amps

Alpha is primarily a power amp company, with a great reputation for high quality and high prices, but the company has changed hands several times over the years. The Centurion competed with the Alpha product line, but at a much lower price point. Who knows -- it may show up with the Alpha name on it. Or sales may have fallen to the point where it was no longer profitable. No one could accuse Ten Tec of being a ball of fire at marketing, and from where I sit, Alpha seems not a lot better at it.

Rhetorical question. How many on this list own a Ten Tec Power amp? I own four -- three Titans and a Herc II. How many own a different brand of power amp? I own two -- an Elecraft KPA500 and an Alpha 1010. When is the last time you bought a power amp FROM Tec Tec? I never have -- all have been used.

73, Jim K9YC