Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Re: hz / KC Correction

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Re: hz / KC Correction
From: "Tony Lelieveld" <va3dwi@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 15:34:20 -0400

Larry,
I recently learned that, whether true or not, GMT is actually a "time zone" which changes with daylight savings time, where as UTC (commonly called Z time as well) never changes. The only thing that does change is, if the time zone you live in changes from "Standard Time" to "Daylight Savings Time" WE get an hour closer to UTC. As a result, net times reported in "local time". I.E. 14:00 hr local (in EST) is 19:00 UTC , 14:00 hr (in DST) becomes 18:00 hr UTC. That's why it is recommended for all Hams to use UTC time and you are always ON TIME. I run several nets and I always give the time in local and UTC so that hams who live in different time zones, his/her UTC is the same as my UTC. Phew, complicated is it not?
73, Tony VE3DWI.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Belcher" <k4cl@charter.net>