Re: [TenTec] hz / KC

To: Hamdriver66@aol.com, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] hz / KC
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 21:10:10 -0500
*When I call my Phone Net. We give folks a choice. My statement goes
something like. " On the approximate frequency of 3.980 MHz or 3980
Kilocycles for us grownup folks. " And since we have been using our 50
something year old R-4A and T-4XB Drake Twins a bit. My other statement is
something like " And in my case approximate fully comes into play. Please
notice the biggest knob on your transceiver. And if for some reason we
drift off a bit? Feel free to adjust that big knob. " The older hams like
myself just love it. And the new guys can't grasp the idea or notion that
Net Control ... Is the frequency standard for the Net. I have actually been
running the old Drake setup and having Lots O Fun. One Hundred and Nighty
Six Check-ins last Wednesday Night. 3980 Kilocycles at 6:30 PM Central ....
Please stop by and join us on the Tennessee Phone Net.......*
*                                            73 to All from Wade/KJ4WS*