Re: [TenTec] Centaur Tubes odd ones in parallel

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centaur Tubes odd ones in parallel
From: Dave Edwards <kd2e@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Apr 2015 13:09:30 -0400
Rick....Not sure I talked to you about this or not, but
...Your HA-14 amp...have you replaced the filter caps in the power supply?
...Dave
On 4/1/15 11:30 AM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
Bob, you have been very lucky if you have never had any problems with
unmatched tubes.
I certainly have.

In fact I finally decided not to own any multi-tube amps anymore.
That solved that problem. (almost)

I now only have two amps, each with a single 3-500z, but...
I also have an old Heathkit HA-14 mobile amp with a pair of 572B tubes.
Can't seem to find a replacement for that one.  There are no tiny amps with
single tubes running that much power.

I don't care much for most transistor amps.
Their linearity is the pits!
Though I wouldn't mind having the Elecraft 500w amp...
Jim sure raves about his!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)