Re: [TenTec] Centaur Tubes odd ones in parallel

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centaur Tubes odd ones in parallel
From: Mike Schatzberg <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 00:24:41 -0600
Here you go, read the last sentence Mr. Measures writes here:

ANODE AND GRID GLITCH PROTECTION
A glass-coated resistor can serve as a peak current limiter between the HV
supply and the anode circuit. A $2 resistor can save an approx. $150 3-500Z or
an approx. $650 8877. If a glitch such as a parasitic oscillation occurs, the
fuse-resistor absorbs most of the stored energy from the filter capacitors. If
low VHF-Q parasitic-suppressors have been installed in a HF amplifier, this is
less likely to happen, but it's best to be on the safe side. Even though Eimac®
recommends it, the TL-922 and the SB-220 have no glitch resistor protection
between the amplifier-tubes and the HV filter-capacitor bank. The glitch
resistor is an ordinary 10 Ohm, 10W glass-coated wirewound unit. It has enough
inductance to replace the small VHF RF-choke, TL-922's L2 [12µH], which is
inside the tube compartment.
The grid fuse-resistors [1 per tube] are 27 Ohm to 33 Ohm, 1/2W, carbon-film
type.[6] They replace the two grid to ground, 470µH chokes, L7 and L8.
The grid fuse-resistors also provide about 3.5V of DC negative-feedback per
grid under maximum signal condition. This helps to equalize the currents in two
3-500Zs that are not a matched pair.

Nothing new really.

73,

Mike