Re: [TenTec] RKR Designs LLC purchases Alpha/Ten-Tec from RF Concepts

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] RKR Designs LLC purchases Alpha/Ten-Tec from RF Concepts
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 12:14:06 -0500
There is nothing sinister per se in that.  Many private transactions are
structured that way for very good and important reasons.  Maybe there are
contingent liabilities, potential lawsuits, employee relations, etc that
the new owners wish to be free from.  Maybe the structure of the seller was
such that there were critical tax implications that made selling the
company stock disadvantageous.

I've done transactions both ways, transferring stock and transferring
assets.  Neither is preferable in the abstract.  That devil is always found
in the details.

Since it was a privately owned company that sold to another privately owned
company we will never know what the motivations and driving factors were in
the transaction they presumably negotiated to mutual satisfaction.

73 de W6OGC  Jim Allen