Re: [TenTec] [Ten-Tec-Omni-VII] RKR Designs LLC purchases Alpha/Ten-Tec

To: <Ten-Tec-Omni-VII@yahoogroups.com>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [Ten-Tec-Omni-VII] RKR Designs LLC purchases Alpha/Ten-Tec from RF Concepts
From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 16:08:55 -0400
No, I believe that the Orion II production was halted because the
manufacturer of the processor announced End of Life and discontinued
production.

Unlike the previous time this happened; the Orion processor was also
discontinued, but replaced by a more powerful one which ended up on the
Orion II.

While I don't think we've heard the entire story. and I'm not saying that we
will. I'm not ready to head to the hardware store for a pick & shovel.  Does
make me wonder why so many hams are getting ready to dig Ten Tec's grave,
though.

73, ron w3wn

  _____