Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI Lost RX/TX on 160/80 Meters

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI Lost RX/TX on 160/80 Meters
From: Connie Dodson <gcjd1947@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 18:04:04 -0600
I disconnect the feedline entirely, from  the antenna mast and from my station.

I put it away, in a drawer.

I operate portable, and, only now would like to have a QTH.

I had never read the mast ground and the station ground should be connected.

Is that right?

I have no place for a dipole, except the attic. I have been considering
15-meter and 17-meter for the attic.

For outdoors, I am considering an end fed as a sloper, that's it.

In "lightening season" here, the mast will be disassembled and stored in the
garage, where it is right now.

It is a portable "military mast" in sections.

This is because we have lightning without rain. We also have ground lightning.

There is "no way" I would have a mast in our "lightning season".

If I were elsewhere, I would photograph 360-degrees around my site and consult
the lightning expert at C. Crane Co.

My concern, here, is have I planned everything the right way for the end-fed
sloper I described further up the thread?

Connie
w7cjd