Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI Lost RX/TX on 160/80 Meters

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI Lost RX/TX on 160/80 Meters
From: Reed <w4jz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 21:04:44 -0500
<Failures where they do not do closer than board isolation are concerning to us
hams.  We all want to know what and why the failure?>

Yep Stuart, that is my main concern is why this circuit went out. Signals dropped from 30 over S9 to S1 after being on for over an hour. Lost transmit also on these two bands which share the same circuit in the low pass filter board, pre-selector board, but all other bands were OK. I believe the component that acts like a relay is what went out. I'm still leaning this was not static. If it was it sure wasn't much because it didn't affect the other bands on RX/TX.

<Sounds like you were doing most things to prevent lightning damage.>
<However, have you had some windy days just before the failure happened?>

I live on a high hill & there is wind on a calm day. Been that way for the 24 years we lived here, just some days are worse than others. Will never know for sure if it was a component or static cause failure. If I had this problem on my other rigs, then yeah for sure I would say it was static.

73,
Reed  W4JZ