Re: [TenTec] Orion sub receiver getting no signals

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion sub receiver getting no signals
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 14:42:25 -0400
Denton,

I think you have cable connections that need cleaning. There's a lot of connections behind the Orion front panel. It's easy to remove that panel. Remove it and disconnect all the ribbon cables. Spray them with a electronic cleaner spray. Then plug them in and out about 10 times while they are wet to clean them.

This is a common problem because the Orion did not use gold pins. And almost any symptom is possible. The key is the problems are always somewhat intermittent.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com