Re: [TenTec] Orion sub receiver getting no signals

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion sub receiver getting no signals
From: Gary J FollettDukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2015 08:44:38 -0500
I agree with anyone who says that Orion circuitry is sort of convoluted. It is.

The boards were meant to either last forever (in electronic terms) or to be
replaced, which is why it is generally so easy to remove them.

There is no joy in trying to replace a 200 pins SMD square pack unless you have
$50,000 in specialized pick and place SMD soldering equipment. I know it can be
done without but think of the consequences if just ONE slolderpad pulls away
during the process!

Gary