Re: [TenTec] More Orion 2 Questions de W4TJE

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] More Orion 2 Questions de W4TJE
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 10:43:02 +0000
You guys really need to try using a half decent panadapter.  The Orion
Sweep is p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c.  The new IC-7300 direct sampling radio has a
panadapter that's almost as bad.

I used 9MHz i.f. output mod, LP-PAN and NaP3.  The tricky part was sharing
the CAT port and I ended up using Microham USB Router software along with
their Microkeyer.  The other (easier?) option is using Carl's software

73, Barry N1EU