Re: [TenTec] CW Mobile

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW Mobile
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 09:32:12 -0700
On Tue,6/7/2016 9:00 AM, Al Gulseth wrote:
For southpaw CW ops, well...
1. Learn to send with the other hand (some folks have done that.)

I'm a leftie, and when running CW mobile, I simply put the paddle on the center pedestal, drive with my right hand and send with my left (arm crossed to the paddle). This works quite well for me. With the old '78 Chevy wagon, the paddle was either at a convenient place on the bench seat or on top of the radio (it was 35 years ago, so don't remember details). :)

In later years, I ran CW mobile in my S80 Volvo, rig in the passenger seat, paddle on the center pedestal. One rig was an Omni V+, but I also used a TS850, which had the major advantage of a built-in tuner.

73, Jim K9YC