Re: [TenTec] CW Mobile

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW Mobile
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 22:28:20 -0700
On Mon,6/6/2016 3:00 PM, km2km@twc.com wrote:
Does anyone have any factual information on impaired driving senses when
operating CW.

Around 1980 I bought an Omni A series B direct from the factory. I used it a lot for CW mobile, out in the country on vacation, driving around Chicago expressways, even in heavy rush hour traffic. I worked a DX contest (not logging) driving to the funeral of a fellow ham in the burbs, even making Qs going through a toll booth on the Illinois Tollway. Driving with my kids from Chicago to Baltimore to see their grandparents, I worked a CW CD party, not logging anything.

I had a '78 Chevy wagon bought used from a leasing company. The rig and paddle sat on the bench seat next to me. On one vacation to AR, I worked Al Kahn, K4FW (Ten Tec founder) from a campground on 40M.

73, Jim K9YC