Re: [TenTec] CW Mobile

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW Mobile
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 08:21:36 +0200
My experience is similar to Duane's.

It was 40 years ago that I actively ran 40m CW out of the car.
I copied CW in my head.  I saved log book information in my head.
After about 4 or 5 QSO, I would find a "parkplatz" along the German
autobahn, stop and write all of the logbook information into the log...
filling in date, time, call sign, QTH, and reports for all of the stations I
had worked.

That was yesterday.
Today: If I don't write my own call sign down on a piece of paper, I
sometimes have trouble remembering it.

The main reason I don't use the code key in the car anymore is, I can't find
my car keys.
I know I left them next to my organizer, and the last time I use that (I
think) was at that memory enhancement seminar.
;-)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)