Re: [TenTec] CW Mobile

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW Mobile
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 17:50:29 -0300
I've run HF mobile pretty much since I have been licensed in 1978 (OK,
probably since 1980 or so, as I was only 14 in 78)

I've had a slew of big tube rigs, mostly in small cars. (good for the
winters here in Canada)

Currently I run a FT-857D, SD-330 antenna, N3ZN paddles and drive a 2009
MINI COOPER.

HF CW is very easy while alone.  Probably safer than driving and talking
with my wife or son.  I mostly only do this outside city limits in the rural
parts of the Maritimes.

HF SSB is harder.

Talking ( or, gasp!,) texting on your cellphone is an order of magnitude
even harder.

I rarely take my eyes off the road while doing HF CW.

Mike VE9AA/M

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB