Re: [TenTec] ARGONAUT 515 problem

To: "'Lee'" <lee@wa3fiy.com>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ARGONAUT 515 problem
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2016 16:58:14 +0200
I haven't taken the radio apart yet, Lee.
Yes, the LSB pin has a direct connection to +12v through a pull-up resistor,
and the mode switch grounds the pin for SB-R.

Last time I worked on Argonauts I had a scope, VTVM, signal generator, freq.
counter, etc.
Today I only have a DVM and a freq. counter.

What's blowing my mind is that it works normal on 40m and reversed on 80m.
I can't see how the band would have anything to do with it.

I can borrow a scope from our ham club and perhaps use a QRP rig as a signal
generator.
I need to check how high the impedance is on my DVM.  Dunno if I can use
that instead of a VTVM or not.

There's always a reason and once you find it, it usually makes sense.  Right
now it makes no sense to me.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)