Re: [TenTec] Opinions sought re OMNI VI

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Opinions sought re OMNI VI
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 18:57:43 -0500
John,

Not to throw a wet blanket on your project, but in addition to finding out
what the construction of the roof is (wood or metal) I'd also suggest doing
some "sniffing around" with a portable radio, preferably SW/HF ham
frequencies, but if not, AM BC to find out what the QRN level from consumer
electronic devices is before you start installing an antenna. On the other
side of the coin also be prepared to deal with TVI/landline phone complaints.

It would be probably be a little more involved logistically but a portable or
flagpole vertical outside the building might be another option. (If you could
beg or borrow some sort of portable setup for a few days that might be a way
to conduct a "real world" test of the aforementioned items.)

73 es GL on the project, Al