Re: [TenTec] Bring back the corsair 2

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Bring back the corsair 2
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 20:05:01 +0000
Warms my heart to see W9AC and N4LQ posting on the Ten-Tec reflector
lately, like the good old days!!!

Only want to add one comment Steve.  I'm almost certain you already know
this, but I think there was a significant jump in noise from the Omni ABCD
to the Corsair series and then another jump up to the Omni V/VI series.
You can mitigate much of the Corsair noise by replacing the AF op-amps etc,
as described here: http://corsair.wikidot.com/corsair-opamp .  I think my
Omni VI is as quiet as my Corsair, but both of them have been heavily
tinkered with.

Barry N1EU