Re: [TenTec] Need Orion I Firmware

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need Orion I Firmware
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 10:05:40 -0500
Rick,

I don't have that firmware. But I do not believe changing the FW will fix the problem. I believe that problem comes and goes with temperature variations.

The fix is to get a filter to connect to the output of the Orion between the Orion and Acom. I researched this last year and found a filter. But I sold my Acom 1000 and now use a different amp. So that fixed it for me.

I think Barry, N1EU,  has the info on the filter.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com