Re: [TenTec] Need Orion I Firmware

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Need Orion I Firmware
From: Dukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 09:39:00 -0600
As I had mentioned last night, I had the same problem with Omni VII firmware
downloaded from TenTec.com. The ZIP file was not recognized by Windows 7 and
that was it. No joy.

Fortunately, I found the .RUF file for the 588 that was good (it unzipped
properly) and I used a copy of the Pegasus setup program to install the 588.RUF
firmware into the radio. Everything worked fine.

If it is even possible to contact Ten Tec, someone should inform them that
these firmware downloads are not functional.

Gary