Re: [TenTec] Paragon 585 troubleshooting

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Paragon 585 troubleshooting
From: "Vic Klein" <vhklein@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 05:55:54 -0400
Do a search in the archives here for Voice Board. There is a Ten Tec mod to
the voice board to install a diode to prevent the battery from running down,
while boards that were originally in Omni V and VI radios may not have had
that. You can test by just removing the board for a while to see if your
battery stays up.

I gather you are aware also there was a later revision to the Paragon that
provided a charging voltage for NiCd batteries, which could cause a problem
with Alkalines. Are you saying you see 12v on the battery terminals when the
rig is on?

=Vic=

WA4THR