Re: [TenTec] CORSAIR II TROUBLESHOOTING

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CORSAIR II TROUBLESHOOTING
From: Stuart Rohre <Rohre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2017 18:27:30 -0500
Alan, I am praying for your health and that of another long time ham friend Joe Canfield here, from the radio club. He has the same malady, Parkinson's.

He is not able to legibly sign his name, so we help him when the attendance sheet goes around at club meetings. He can drive OK, and is pretty steady of hand except when doing close work like a signature. His home call is N5HPC. He retired from being the State of TX HQ lab engineer for highways dept. Did all the testing of materials that contractors were supplying for road repairs or new construction. He analyzed concrete for bridges, etc. Steel for reinforcing. Amazing how much testing they had to do on the most ordinary projects.

If you have a car battery you can carry your TT rig to, you might be able to tell a bit more about the fault, if it shows OK working on 12 volt battery, but not when on base station power supply; that would help diagnose the fault.

There was that one guy who answered you on the reflector who sounded like he might be able to help and had the same model TT rig.

Maybe you could lure him out to your QTH with the promise of your famous chili!

73,
:-)

Stuart
K5KVH