Re: [TenTec] [] Running a Century 21 on external 12V power

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] [] Running a Century 21 on external 12V power
From: Josh Gibbs <gibbsjj@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2017 23:30:06 -0700
Hi Gary,

Thanks for the offer! I may take you up on that pending the outcome of my
next round of work. I'm going to replace all the cracked capacitors - found
a couple more, one of them on the power board. I've ordered up a bunch of
those green polyester film caps to replace the cracked ones. Probably will
replace the electrolytic caps while I have the boards out... might as well.

I'm going to pull the power board and transformer, then power the radio
with those parts outside the chassis. If the noise goes away then we will
know for sure that it is magnetic coupling.

I did manage to USE the radio this weekend =)  Had a QSO with a guy down in
CA and got a 599 report! It's a great little radio - audio sounds good thru
the speaker. Maybe I ought to just forget the headphones and not worry
about the hum!

73,

-Josh WA7FPV