[TenTec] Eagle CAT com port goes dumb on transmit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Eagle CAT com port goes dumb on transmit
From: "Michael Tortorella" <w2iy@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2017 21:44:02 -0400
Hello to the list, I am using DXLab and N1MM+ with my Eagle.  Both programs
work nicely until I press the key, then the com port goes dumb and the PC no
longer follows the radio.  Sure sounds like RF is getting into the PC, so I
have disconnected all the cables (power and LAN) and put ferrites on the USB
cable to the Eagle but this has not solved the problem.  The PC is a Toshiba
Satellite C55 laptop, I do not see any place where I can ground the case to
the radio which I would like to do.  Any other suggestions I can try?

Thanks in advance for any help.  73, Mike W2IY

---
http://www.avg.com