Re: [TenTec] CW OPERATION WITH ANAN-10 AND TEN TEC 418

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW OPERATION WITH ANAN-10 AND TEN TEC 418
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 08:45:43 +0200
Read the instruction manual on the Anan.
I'm sure it has adjustable timing for the AMP-KEY line and the time it
generates RF.

Set such that you have a 10mS delay after keying the AMP-KEY, until the RF
begins to transmit.  That is long enough for the 418's T/R relay.

The 418 has a feature built in that monitors its input.  As long as there is
still RF on the input, it will not unkey its T/R relay, regardless of the
state of the AMP-KEY line.

If you don't understand any of this, you might want to take the time to read
the three pages explaining it, here:
http://www.dj0ip.de/ricki-leaks/amp-interfacing/

73
Rick, DJ0IP