Re: [TenTec] CW OPERATION WITH ANAN-10 AND TEN TEC 418

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW OPERATION WITH ANAN-10 AND TEN TEC 418
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 10:55:10 -0700
On 8/17/2017 11:45 PM, rick@dj0ip.de wrote:
I'm sure it has adjustable timing for the AMP-KEY line and the time it
generates RF.

Amps that have vacuum relays typically work fine with 8 msec. I don't know the 418, but the Titan 425 and the Herc II both use vacuum relays, and work fine with 8 msec. The shortcoming of this is if you work CW faster than about 30 wpm, the elements are shortened too much. AND, if you work a LOT of CW in full QSK mode (like contesting), those vacuum relays wear out in a year or two. Ask me how I know. :) This is NOT an issue for casual operation.

73, Jim K9YC