Re: [TenTec] DDS PTO replacement for old Ten Tec rigs

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] DDS PTO replacement for old Ten Tec rigs
From: Katz Ajamas <ajamas.rn@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 19:47:20 +0000
Aloha Curt!

Have you looked at the AQRP VFO?
$40.
Si570 based.
http://www.qsl.net/k5bcq/Kits/Kits.html

PA0KLT VFO kit.
$45 or so (price is in pound sterling)
Si570 based.
https://www.sdr-kits.net/index.php?route=web/pages&page_id=43_43

The above two kits are quite similar.

I have the AQRP. Not using with a Tentec. It's my signal generator for the
shack :-)
I've just ordered a VNA kit from AQRP. It's VIA on the web site but they've
recently added I/O ports.

The only part of the AQRP kit I found challenging was soldering the Si570
chip. Missed a pad on the first go around. Rumor is that Kees is coming out
wit a smaller version of his VFO so you may want to ask before you order.
The display might be small enough to fit the window on the C21.

Then there is the qrp labs kit. It's only $33
Si5351a based.
https://www.qrp-labs.com/vfo.html

You could really hotrod that C21. take a look at the manual for the QRP
labs QCX transceiver for some ideas.

73, -Bob ah7i/w4