Re: [TenTec] DDS PTO replacement for old Ten Tec rigs

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] DDS PTO replacement for old Ten Tec rigs
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 12:52:13 -0400
Yes, that's what I was alluding to in my previous post.  The LO spectral
purity will go from very clean/excellent to not-so-clean/fair with the
DDS.  If you get the chance, have a look at one of the DDS converted rigs
tx spectrum on an SDR rx panadapter/spectrum analyzer.  And the spurs you
see will affect rx as well as tx.

Many folks will probably not be so concerned and will be motivated by the
improved convenience factor.

73, Barry N1EU