Re: [TenTec] DDS PTO replacement for old Ten Tec rigs

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] DDS PTO replacement for old Ten Tec rigs
From: Lee <lee@wa3fiy.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 21:07:03 +0000

Mike, check out:

 http://qrp-labs.com/vfo.html

This one has a "clicker" but as someone mentioned here you can get one for a buck or two that does not click and will likely drop into the PC board pattern. The price is right and although I don't have one, I do have it's sibling in the QRX transceiver which works like a charm (both VFO and transceiver) Any time you want you can replace the low cost encoder with an optical encoder like on the higher end radios.

I'm thinking of using one for my Corsair II by replacing the PTO in the remote VFO with one of these. Have a few other projects to complete first though.

73,

-Lee-
WA3FIY