Re: [TenTec] DDS PTO replacement for old Ten Tec rigs

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] DDS PTO replacement for old Ten Tec rigs
From: Steve Hunt <steve@karinya.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 09:53:10 +0000
Curt,

That function will return a value in variable RIT between -1000 and +1000, proportional to the analogue RIT voltage. You then simply add that to your required output frequency before executing the function that sets the DDS frequency.

So, if the "main" frequency was 5,100,000Hz and the RIT voltage was 3.75v, that function would return a value for RIT of +534Hz which you would then add to 5,100,000 to set the DDS to 5,1000,534Hz.

One thing to check is that the frequency updates are done fast enough that the DDS will follow the frequency shifts required during fast keying.

Steve G3TXQ