Re: [TenTec] New Computer

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New Computer
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 20:06:19 -0700
On 10/28/2017 1:36 PM, rick@dj0ip.de wrote:
What I have done each time I need a new computer is buy the most powerful
off-lease (= 3 year old) business laptop.

Yes, about half of the Thinkpads I've owned have been off-lease refurbs. They've already had 3 years of use, so I typically got 3-4 more.

As to the desktop -- I might make the same decision as you IF I had reliable power. But with winter storms taking down trees which in turn take down power lines, and with wild fires causing power lines to either fail or be taken out of service, I can lose power for days at a time. I have a generator, but doesn't auto start or switch.

73, Jim K9YC