[TenTec] Audio improvements on Argonaut VI

To: tentec <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Audio improvements on Argonaut VI
From: Carlos <carlos.peco@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 21:47:41 +1000
Hi,

I just bought an Argonaut VI and got disappointed with the received audio
(when comparing it with a Corsair II).

When monitoring with headphones it improves a lot, but there is some hiss
in the background, even without antenna and the RF gain all the way to the
left.

Do you guys think that I might have a damaged audio amplifier? Is there an
easy way to improve the received audio with the in-built speaker? PBT/BW/NR
settings are OK, I even performed a factory reset.

Using headphones, I can hear a weak pulsing noise when rotating the
frequency encoder. Is there a way to eliminate that ?

73,
Carlos VK1EA