Re: [TenTec] Audio improvements on Argonaut VI

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Audio improvements on Argonaut VI
From: <Rick@dj0ip.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2018 22:38:56 +0200
IMO, when it comes to comparing two radios with each other, there's no such
thing as an unfair comparison!

What I deem to be unfair is to set up a radio in a state that no one would ever
use it in, search for weaknesses, find them and then imply that it makes this
radio worse than that radio.  It is totally irrelevant how it behaves in some
state which we would never use it in.

We bought the radio to listen to other stations, not to search for weaknesses
in unrealistic situations.

I want to now how well the radio receives compared to other radios under two
situations:
1)  weak station on a very quiet band
2)  weak station on a very crowded band

This is testing a radio when doing what it was intended to do.

Most likely, if we had a few more sunspots and the bands were open, we wouldn't
even be discussing this silly topic!

73,
Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)