[TenTec] Corsair II tuning

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II tuning
From: Paul DeWitte <k9ot@yousq.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2018 12:17:39 -0500
I am not sure how to explain my problem.

I have 3 corsair IIs. recently I got one out to give it some air time. It
had been a while since it had been used.

When tuning in a signal on 40M I found that instead of turning the VFO
CLOCKWISE to zero beat on a low pitch signal, I have to go down (counter
clockwise) to get on frequencey. The offset tuning works the same way. I
have to tune down to bring the signal up in pitch.
That is exactly backwards of how TT radios work on 1.8 to 10 MHZ.

Everything else seems to be correct. The frequency readout seems  to be
correct as you tune up the band.It has good rcv audio, and this is the only
thing that I find wrong.

Is there  a wiring problem here? In looking at one of the others, I do not
see any difference in wire routing.
Can it be the PTO?

Thanks for any replies,
73 Paul K9OT