Re: [TenTec] Corsair II tuning

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Corsair II tuning
From: Carlos <carlos.peco@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2018 08:40:45 +1000
Hi Paul,

It might be that somebody repaired the radio fitting a different Xtal to
the heterodyne oscillator (maybe the original one could not be sourced?),
as there are two combinations of VFO ranges that would convert the 40m band
into the 9 MHz IF. However, if they are using the other combination then
the IF spectrum would appear reversed and then the SSB BFO switch should be
placed in "SB-R" instead of "SB-N" (unless they have wired it accordingly
to the change). Or perhaps the band switch wafer that drives the heterodyne
VFO is broken and selects a different Xtal, or it was wired wrongly at some
point.

These are just theories. In any case, it reminds me of someone here in
Canberra who remembers having seen an Argosy with the same "feature" (the
PTO tuning knob direction was reversed)

Do you have a scope or a frequency counter, so you can identify which Xtal
is being used in the heterodyne VFO as you switch bands ?

73,
Carlos VK1EA