[TenTec] Omni V Assistance Needed

To: "'tentec@contesting.com'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V Assistance Needed
From: arsn4dd@charter.net
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 13:40:49 -0600
Is there an Omni V mechanic in the house? My radio is going to need
one if it doesn't straighten up... HI HI
I have a very sparingly-used Omni V.9 that has developed an
intermittent receive issue. From a cold start, the radio powers up and
operates properly. After some random period of time, I can power cycle
the radio, and as a result, I lose receive signals. I retain plenty of
audio, and plenty of what sounds like band noise, but there no signals
anywhere. I can leave the radio off for a couple of minutes, power it
up, and the signals return. Before the suggestion is floated, I have
exercised every connection in the radio with DeOxit. I have tightened
and re-tightened every screw on every board in the radio. I have not,
however re-seated any of the chips. Is there enough information here
to generate suggestions? I admit to being mostly an appliance
operator, but I might be capable of doing a few diagnostics. Thanks in
advance for any guidance.
Best Regards to all!
Dennis N4DD