[TenTec] Omni 6 won't boot up

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 won't boot up
From: MadScientist <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 20:49:48 -0600
Greetings:

I have an Omni 6 that starts boot up, goes through the process of turning the S
meter lamps on, then stops with all pushbuttons LED’s lit.

I checked the 20 MHz oscillator (good) and I checked all of the CPU address
lines and data lines, all of which are active.

The only thing  I have found so far is that the real time clock, DS1285, which
has a small crystal for its timebase, is not running.

What I wanted to learn is whether or not the CPU will boot up without this
cook’s being in operation.

It seems to me that, since this is a real time clock, it should be running all
of the time, even when the radio is off, and the DS1285 should keep time