Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+: low TX and RX on 12 meters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+: low TX and RX on 12 meters
From: MadScientist <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2018 18:10:22 -0600
I did not see the part about the low RX, sorry.

Possibly the 12 meter crystal oscillator switching diode is bad (D14) or the
coil (L21) is open.

More likely, the solder joints around these two components are bad and need to
be solder-sucked and resoldered.

Soldering was never one of TT’s strong suits…

I have fixed three or four Omni 6 radios just by desoldering the region
specific to the band in question.

Gary

W0DVN