Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+: low TX and RX on 12 meters

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+: low TX and RX on 12 meters
From: Phil Erickson <phil.erickson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 15:32:51 -0500
Hi Gary,

  Thanks!  I'll check the switching diodes first as the easiest thing to
remedy before engaging your kind offer of trying a spare board.  The
temporary 0.01 uF capacitor across the bandpass filter reminds me of a
similar technique I used to diagnose a bad switching diode set in an old
Kenwood TS-820.  Worked great; highly recommended as a diagnostic tool to
anyone reading this email later on who has a similar problem.

73
Phil W1PJE

----
Phil Erickson